Sunday 27 September 2015

All I want for Christmas is . . .

Apologies for mentioning you-know-what almost three months in advance, but this beauty appeared in my inbox this week, and I just had to share. Plus, I've been on a hat blocking course at Hat Works this weekend, and while it was wonderful (details to follow soon), it was also hard work, and my brain is just too tired to compose a long post.

Since I attended the auction last year, I've been on the mailing list for Kerry Taylor Auctions. The next auction is on 13 October, but then in December there is another Passion For Fashion auction, which will include this beautiful 1950s Pierre Balmain embroidered cocktail dress.

Image copyright Kerry Taylor Auctions

Those cute berries! The frosty hints on the holly! The way the leaves drift down the skirt! I wonder if a letter to Santa would do the trick!

Close up - image copyright Kerry Taylor Auctions

Back view - image copyright Kerry Taylor Auctions


1 comment: